Sunday, October 24, 2010

Beauty

As my very dear friend and image consultant, Dora-Luz, reminded me through her eloquence ‘the beauty resides within each person.  The outside is an illusion that can change depending on how you want to express yourself at the moment.’  For example, do I want to let the sexy goddess be revealed or the sweet PTA mom?  Sometimes I even choose to combine them.
Some have referred to me as beautiful, others as fine or hot.  Even as I come to accept those as truths, I see the beauty that resides within each person, typically as easily as I see their own unique divinity.  Perhaps those are one in the same. I thought I recently heard someone think, ‘how could someone so hot being doing this healing work?‘ (side note - - of course, that could have been my imagination. But through various confirmations, I also know it is true that I am communicating telepathically more and more so maybe it wasn’t my imagination. In my reality, it doesn’t matter.)  I pray that thoughts such as those, imagined or not, do not bloat my ego or get in the way of the beautiful healing work I enjoy so much.  What one looks like...‘beautiful’ or ‘ugly’ or whatever has no bearing on what they can or cannot do; should or shouldn’t be doing.  I am also appreciative to feel somewhat protected from someone who would think such thoughts that could get in the way of this work.
I also pray that I stay genuine in knowing that the true beauty always comes from the inside out.  In the rare moments that I have accepted the outside beauty over the inside, life got very ugly for me and those around me.  People who had wanted to be around me because I had been helping them to feel better about their own lives through sharing what I term as God’s love with them; ended up feeling repelled by my own sense of momentary vanity and utter selfishness.  These are sad memories for me that include both men and women.  Thank God those moments are less extreme than ten years ago and hopefully they will be less and less with time until they are completely dissipated.  It is much better to attract and share God’s love with others than to repel with an unjustified and over-bloated sense of self.
I find that I am now on a quest to balance the new selfishness that is selflessness.  Taking care of myself as well I can to in turn take care of others better, in a way that is healthier and more well-adjusted for me and anyone that is part of my of life. It is with heart-felt gratitude that my life is surrounded by people who love me and who are so sharing and caring in helping to nurture this.  Yet it is a fine balancing act.  One to be tended to with care and prayer.

By Tonya Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment